Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tiny Black Kitten


You know how the phrase, " It's the thought that counts", is usually rubbish? Well, this time it wasn't...(wait for it as I rabble to help make a point)


Sometimes I feel like I can list more things that I find irritating more then things that I find to be 'favourite'... All of Katie's favourite things have to do with the wee ones she brought forth from her womb.

Some of my favourite things:



  • Pizza. I mean it. I LOVE pizza. Not like it a lot I mean LOVE. LOVE. I love it. Proper pizza, that is. You know the kind. Like Pizza City. It would be my request for my last meal.

  • I love the sound of fingers sliding across the strings of an acoustic guitar. It's almost sexy.

  • I love the first time it is warm enough to wear a 'spring time skirt'. And you take off your shoes and it's green and the death of winter is finally over.

  • Dr Pepper. SO cold that the fizz hurts your throat a little... mmm dr pepper and pizza...::drools::

  • I love making people really good food that they like, especially when it blesses them beyond mere tummy and tongue satisfaction.

  • Sleeping in. Simple.

  • I love laughing really hard with people you love and know super well. That feeling when you take a much needed deep breath after laughing... I mean it's fun to laugh at a funny show but there is something great about true 'knowing you' laughter. I miss it :( But I shall have it this weekend at my 'Britishy Parents'/Kate's actual parents' house with Kate/Ross, Chad and Colin too.

  • I love the Coffee Company. Cuz that's just it... it has great coffee and company, even if you walk in by yourself, there is ALWAYS great company there.

  • and Kittens/cats. I love kittens. It takes great self control to not spiral down the dark hole of being crazy cat lady material. Seriously, I see one and I feel a little panicky. I wanna cuddle and kiss it and give it a home. And in my NATURAL non Spirit man I feel more emotion and compassion to a hurt lost kitten then I do to a hurt lost person.

So to the point... I am trying to drive home the level that I love kittens. We don't have one yet. We have names for out future kittens: Chubbs and Biscuit. Do we have baby names picked out? H*#% no. But kitten names? It's written in stone.


So for my Birthday that just past my husband had picked out Biscuit(pictured above) and was gonna bring him home to me as a surprise wrapped in his coat when he got home from leading worship on my Birthday as I slept in. I would hug him hello and the kitten would pop out, mew and love me. And I would love him.


But do you know what the Holy Spirit told my husband 20 minutes before picking Biscuit up?


NO. He said no.


So, Chad hada come home to me empty handed with out a present or a card. He sat down all dejected and told me the almost kitten story.


And that's when I realised my favourite thing.


My favourite thing is my husband's heart. His heart for me and more importantly his heart that is in tune with Holy Spirit. His heart that hears God over emotion. His heart that protects mine.


It's my favourite. More then tiny black kittens.



3 comments:

  1. beautiful. and i imagine you'll love that spirit-led kitten a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh friend, how i miss you.
    I agree about the skirt thing, although you left out the "pasty white legs" part that inevitably comes with the "first skirt day".

    and I like your writing. you should more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the spirit lead kitty as well. Plus I kinda want Chubbs and Biscuit to come together instead of having to introduce one later so they don't hate each other...

    ReplyDelete