Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Facts and the Truth


My husband left yesterday to fly to Tanzania and climb Mt Kilimanjaro. He is traveling with the purpose of playing a 'plugged in' gig at the tip top. This would be record breaking as all previous records included acoustic gigs only. Onward they go merely hoping the generators, batteries and instruments work... not to mention they all adjust to the climate change which is apparently the hardest part. A climb like Kilimanjaro is more of an intense hike with the problems usually stopping people in terms of altitude adjustment.
Man do I hate that.


You see, I don't know too much about mountain climbing, Tanzania, or really even gigs. I just don't want my husband to be bitten by a poisonous snake, sucked by a malaria mosquito, stepped on by a massive grey elephant, bitten by a Mufasa lion, or held hostage by a native Tanzanian with an AK47.


But the good thing is: God has not given me a spirit of fear; instead he has given me his spirit of power, love and a sound mind. Also I have the mind of Christ-his thoughts are higher then my own. He promises to be Chad's front and rear guard, to go before him, to give him endurance, to make his feet like that of the deer, he has all dominion b/c of Christ in him; over the beast of the field, he has angels encamped about him, he has a blood line drawn around him- NOTHING is more powerful then the blood, he has favour with God and man, no poisonous thing can touch him, no weapon formed against him shall prosper-he is more then a conqueror, Chad's praise will be a sweet sound to the ears of the Lord and praise will continually be on his lips, he promises to manage his going and his coming, his steps are ordered by God, his feet are steady on the narrow places... there may be some facts I have wrong or right about Africa, Tanzania, Mt Kilimanjaro, airplanes, governments.... but the truth? Well, the truth is greater. And that's what I KNOW. Not think but I KNOW. I know because of who Jesus is. His fullness is in me (and in Chad). Really. The FULLNESS. I love that... not bits of him assemble as I become a 'better Christian'... NO no... I have been crucified with Christ and the FULLNESS OF WHO JESUS IS IN ME. That never stops being cool to me. Seriously wow. All of 'im. Right there ::points to belly button::


anyway. I just needed that pep talk....

pancake anyone?

1 comment: